Advice On How To Minimize Alcohol Consumption In Derbyshire Visit Alcohol Rehab Derbyshire
These simple ideas will be very useful in reducing your alcohol intake if you have been exceeding the 14 units per week benchmark.
It is the same as consuming ten small-sized glasses of wine with low alcoholic content or 6 pints of beer with regular alcoholic content when you consume 14 units.
- Engage in planning - Make sure the volume of alcohol you must not exceed is set before you even start drinking.
- Have a budget - Map out the amount of money you will spend on alcohol before going, and don't exceed it.
- Let your friends and family know - if you keep your friends and family informed about your decision to cut down, you can easily get the support you need from them.
- Plan it one day at a time - Drop a little volume every day.
- With these, you will register some amount of success every day.
- Take it in moderation - Take tinnier amounts of alcohol when enjoying your drink.
- Have the smaller glasses of wine instead or try drinking beer that comes in bottles and not pints.
- Take lesser dosage of alcohol - Go for beers with less volume of alcohol over higher ones (ABV in %).
- You will have no difficulties in finding this information on the bottle.
- Drink Water - Frequently switch from alcoholic drinks to water and other non-alcoholic drinks or drink some water before you drink the alcohol.
- Take breaks - Every week, there should be days during which you stay alcohol free.
If you need more advice and help, you can call us today on the 0800 246 1509.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
The Advantages Of Minimizing Alcohol Consumption In Alcohol Rehab Derbyshire
Instant benefits of reducing alcohol are
- A refreshing morning
- Feel less exhausted during the day
- You might get an improvement in the appearance of your skin
- You will get a healthy feeling
- Likelihood of weight reduction
Cutting back in the long term can improve
Mood - Hangovers come with some level of anxiety and depression is highly connected to excessive consumption of alcohol. Abstaining from drinking alcohol would do a lot good for you because when you are depressed, drinking won't help.
Rest- Drinking impacts your sleep. Alcohol has the ability to alter your sleep pattern, making you unable to achieve REM sleep, even though it can assist some individuals to easily sleep. You will feel more refreshed after sleep when you reduce your alcohol consumption level.
Behaviour - Your judgement maybe impaired as a result of drinking, leading to strange behaviours. When you consume alcohol you may become violent and unreasonable. You could also face the problem of memory loss when having a drink, and this is a common problem with heavy drinkers over the long-term.
Heart - Your heart could become enlarged if you drink heavily over an extended period. When you quit consuming alcohol, this problem can be prevented from becoming serious, otherwise, there is nothing that can be done to cure it.
Immune system - your immune system can also be affected if you have been drinking regularly. The danger of contacting infectious diseases is more on chronic alcoholics.