NHS Or Private Facility?
For most people give the first hand choice to the private residential rehab treatment centres. Within just 24 hours admission can be scheduled. If you have private medical insurance or if you have money to pay on your own, you will be able to get into the private rehab treatment. There is as well a possibility that you get an NHS admission to a private rehabilitation centre.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
Addiction treatment option should be accessible to all the UK residents which is free at the point of delivery through the NHS at community based rehab or private residential Rehab. You may have to prove that you have explored local community-based treatment options first in order to qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehab clinic. Residential admission process could take several weeks to go through pending funding approval by local addiction team to enter NHS residential rehabilitation treatment program.
You can find out where is the closest drug and alcohol action team at your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Relaxed treatment plan
- Admission Criteria in just 24 hours
- All treatment on one side cohesion of care and daily routine;
- In the most cases, same staff and same therapist will be with patients during treatment;
- So that patients can focus on recovery we will take place in a safe environment away from temptations and worries.
- Recovery is helped along due to therapeutic community that creates powerful bonds with doctors and other addicts;
- Sometimes, facilities to make phone calls/receive letter, family visiting times and visiting accommodation are provided.
- Art therapy, equine therapy, fitness, gym and other correlative therapies are usually available;
- Aftercare programme;
- Costs more than NHS rehab treatment program.
- It can not recovered by medical insurance.
- It doesn't cost anything;
- Easily reachable to anyone;
- It's local and therefore closer to your family and home;
- Time-consuming admission procedure;
- Won't not be referred to private recovery;
- In case of different treatments, patients may be asked to go to different clinics/centres.
- The more you have the access to drugs and liquor including life distractions, the more it will affect your recovery.
- There is a more limited access to personal therapist.
- During and throughout the treatment, patients may not have the same therapist / staff caring for them.
- Building an outpatient support network may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Cross Border Treatment Alternative;
Securing admission into residential private rehab clinics in UK through NHS or local community addiction services could take months and the outcome is not definite. However, with the EU cross border healthcare regulation, it is possible to get funding in a lot faster.
You're eligible UK patient keen on quick admission process, get further procedure information from the Alcohol Rehab Derbyshire website today.