Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Accepting one has a drug problem is not easy, however, giving into treatment at a recovery facility is an even harder first step. The unknown is scary and a lot of people worry about how going to rehab till affect the rest of their lives. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
Your journey to recovery will be easier the more you understand what will happen in treatment - including what happens when you enter a program, how long you'll be in treatment, and the costs associated with the program.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. Addicts could be assisted to achieve a lifestyle of joy, good health, and sobriety in the rehabs.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. The actual treatment will use a variety of procedures including blood cleansing (detoxifying), peer or individual counselling sessions, avoiding setback instructions, and maintenance after the rehab to make sure one remains sober.
- Detox A key initial stage of several addiction rehabilitation efforts is detoxification. The cleansing removes drugs and other harmful substances from the body. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. The correct treatment in a medically supervised detoxification programme can ease the pain and risks linked with the process of detoxification.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Psychological and other social-therapy counselling continue to be a part of therapy after the cleansing is done. People in rehabilitation take part in gathering as well as individual treatment sessions to perceive and address the fundamental reasons for their enslavement. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Follow Up Care When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. This may incorporate some mix of care groups, continuous treatment and calm living game plans, if necessary.
How Long Does Rehab Take?
All patients require differing amounts of time to recover fully. Some recovery centres do run 30-day rehabilitation programmes. But prolonged treatment programs like 60 day, 90 day or longer term residential treatment or inpatient treatment programs to ensure unbroken recovery may be the best for some people. When deciding on the suitable duration of treatment, treatment experts will consider the history and seriousness of the dependency, particular substances taken, any co-occurring mental, medical, or behavioural issues, and the mental, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and cultural requirements of the person.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Will Going To Rehab Cure Addiction?
Though there's not a cure for dependency, it can be dealt with successfully. No matter how long the rehab programme lasts, the addiction to drugs and alcohol does not end with it. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
Long haul recuperation, moreover, may include progressing treatment in individual and additionally group form, together with attendance at 12-stage or support group gatherings. Some people in recovery find that other tasks and activities can help support their ongoing recovery. Some of these activities might include art, music, yoga, or meditation.
Numerous great treatment programs offer their own sorts of aftercare projects, or work with you to build up a strong aftercare programs before leaving treatment to help effective long haul recuperation. As a matter of fact, according to research continuous participation in an aftercare programme is linked with fewer relapses.
When I Relapse - What Happens?
A relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but should rather be viewed as a hindrance on your continuous journey to a drug-free life. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
Many individuals who are battling with dependence finish more than one stay in rehabilitation before they can discover their balance in their recuperation journey. You are the only one who can control your dependency, and rehabilitation will assist you to get the required expertise to stay sober.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
The costs of addiction rehabilitation programs are differ. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
Inpatient offices tend to cost more than outpatient treatment programs as they give patients treatment, dinners, hotel and exercises. Outpatient treatment programs differ in their offerings including exceedingly organized, serious outpatient programs, weekly gathering and individual counselling sessions and free care group gatherings.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors
- Amenities provided - These can cover several factors that help the process of recovery, like private accommodation, gourmet food, animal-assisted therapy, massages, yoga and acupuncture.
- Duration of Programme - The cost linked with treatment programmes is mainly decided by the duration of your stay. During the intake, a counsellor will explain the duration suggested for your best chance at long-lasting recovery.
- Location - The traditional treatment centres are cheaper than the luxurious facilities. The commute to the centre can also be included into the cost, particularly when the centre is located far from your home.
- Kind of programme - Since the patient lives in an inpatient facility which is staffed with medical professionals around the clock, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Addiction Versus The Cost Of Rehabilitation
Whilst the cost of rehabilitation might be an obstacle for a few individuals, it is key not to forget the countless "costs" of dependency. What makes addiction costly
- The cost of medications
- Being less productive at work
- Legal penalty fees
- The cost of medical attention for the treatment of physical and psychological illnesses
Addiction "costs" clients in different ways as well, extending from the crumbling of connections to general despondency and weakness.
Can Insurance Pay For Rehab?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. Insurance might only cover a part of your stay, so make sure you check with your insurance company before you enrol.
However, you can deliberate on some other available payment systems with the facility if your insurance is not acceptable. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Treatment For Drug Addiction Locally Or Away?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. This works in the sense that the patient is removed from the atmosphere that is conducive to their abusing drugs or alcohol.
Because it is a completely different environment, patients can focus fully on their recovery without worrying about outside temptations from friends and family.
In the event that you pick outpatient treatment, you may wish to select an office nearer to home so you don't need to go far every day. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Inpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
The rehab centres that deliver 24-hour care from medical experts are called inpatient facilities. Clinic based inpatient administrations have restorative staff available in all circumstances, while most private recoveries will give intermittent services from healthcare experts, when required. The two types of facilities offer residential services.
The most intensive treatment programme is the inpatient programme, where patients are given round the clock 100% chance to concentrate on their healing. Since patients are expelled from the worry of their everyday lives, they are frequently better ready to work through their fixation issues.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. People that have been to (either inpatient or outpatient) rehabs before, but are now suffering relapse, may also find this very useful
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. Those attending outpatient treatments can continue with other responsibilities like work, school while attending therapy sessions. These offices have a tendency to be a solid match for those with moderately less serious or shorter-term addictions, constrained time or obligations at work or home that can't be disregarded.
Outpatient services may differ. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. For non-residents, outpatient programmes are usually less expensive than inpatient, and also considering fewer amenities and staff are needed. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Some insurance plans cover all the treatment while others will cover part.
You can contact us on 0800 246 1509 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. Let our recovery arrangement agent's answer any inquiries you may have with a specific end goal to help you choose what sort of fixation recovery office bodes well for you and your needs.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
You might be worried that you will lose your job if you go to rehab, but you might be more likely to lose your job if you continue on with your addiction and don't get help. In the event that you are battling with a substance misuse issue, it is conceivable that your supervisor may effectively presume it. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
While you are covered by many state laws to seek for treatment for addiction, it is also legal for your boss to sack you because of substance abuse. Termination of an employer's contract because they are undergoing addiction treatment is also prohibited by law.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
If you are going for residential treatment, then you will need to take some leave from work. But, there are things that can help you with this process. Some of these options are
- Employee Assistance Programs An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an intentional program through your manager, which gives classified evaluations, limited advising and referrals to treatment at no cost to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act If a medical condition interferes with the way you work, some employers will allow the employee to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave without affecting the health insurance under cover of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Addiction falls in this classification, so it could be valuable to comprehend what your organization offers.
- Paid Time Off Another alternative for removing time from work to get assistance with substance misuse is to just utilize serene vacations, beat or individual time to get rehab support.
- Executive Rehabs There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Programs For those who can't leave their work and those who are also in need of something cheaper than the executive rehab, they have the outpatient programs to enrol in. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
Generally, there are a wide range of approaches to acquire assistance as an employee and looking for treatment for habit will dependably be better for you, your employment, your wellbeing and your life when all is said over the long haul.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. A luxury rehabilitation facility may provide holistic programmes, gourmet food prepared by expert chefs, adventure therapies, and advanced recovery therapies.
CEOs of big companies, celebrities, and other famous persons prefer luxury rehab as they offer special treatment in their high-class amenities, assure privacy and the chance to be with others of their class; however, anyone is free to attend the treatment programmes as long as they can afford either by insurance, private payments or a marrying of the two.
How Can I Locate An Addiction Rehabilitation Programme?
Finding the correct compulsion recovery program can feel like a staggering procedure, yet cause is accessible to answer any extra inquiries you may have. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.