Receive Dependency Therapy
In understanding your drug abuse and making a roadmap to your recovery, there are different options that you can access to match your needs. Any person in pain from a drug or alcohol addiction understands how strong and crippling this disease can be. You should obtain medical assistance from specialized abuse advisers if you know you can't handle the situation yourself.
You need help locating a suitable treatment program for drug or alcohol addiction; 0800 246 1509 contact professional addiction counsellor for assistance today without fail.
Counsellors are an essential part of addiction treatment and their function and involvement in the therapy procedure is partly responsible to recovery.
Check-up log and your personal therapy scheme can be arranged by the therapist to enhance your recovery. If you live in the rehab centre, you will have access to a good number of programs that are designed to allow you overcome your addiction successfully.
Roles Of An Addiction Counsellor
You need assistance of professional addiction counsellor to identify the cause of your inclination to drug or alcohol addiction, become aware of stimulants and manage to stay sober over long periods of time to overcome addiction.
The therapist role is very essential in treating admitted and nonadmitted patients whether as a set or one-on-one form.
In addition, addiction counsellors will administrate group therapy sessions that frequently include family members or other people in addiction treatment.
Group therapy can cause dialogues about family dynamics and how undesirable relationships can develop or feed into habit-forming manners. The patient is expected to begin with other future arrangements that are linked with the check-up plan, once the main health problem has been discovered.
An addiction counsellor's function is to
- Provide patients who are under medical care with moral aid to facilitate their recovery.
- Managed one-on-one therapy sessions to get to the base of the addiction.
- Conduct impromptu drug tests.
- Depending on your health requirements, advisers set therapy scheme for the purpose of your recovery.
- Assisting you develop an aftercare plan based on the care applicable to you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Professional Addiction Adviser
Skilled in developing the most suitable recovery roadmap for the patient. Advisers must exercise some form of sentiments and should be keen to hear from his/her patient.
The first counselling sessions are made to lay the foundation for reciprocal trust, which is necessary for a prosperous effect.
Over a counsellor's compassion (a lot are previous addicts) and tolerance, they develop a protected atmosphere for the user to simply interact. The degree of openness allows the counsellor to learn the contributing factors of the addiction and other latent issues. Getting to the root of the problem is very important to the success of the program.
The counsellor identifies other underlying emotional or mental issues and treats them to avert complications. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
The Available Types Of Therapy
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Listed are some of the other therapeutically approaches
- Neurofeedback Therapy
- Modern drug addiction treatment shows brain activity to monitor the level of muscle tension, blood pressure and heart beat.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Addiction disrupts natural brain utility, distorts focus on productive thoughts and that is where CBT comes in handy to rewrite your brain functions to make informed choices.
- Using CBT, counsellors are able to identify trigger points that drive you to drug or alcohol abuse and substitute negative with positive healthy living reaction to life.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- DBT is used to take care of individuals with two-fold diagnosis and one of the fundamental goals is to assist patients in gaining determination and coping competences to deal with circumstances in healthy methods.
- Health problems like eating disorders and Borderline Personality Disorder can be eliminated using DBT, it also enhances interactions and personal outlook.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Awareness
- Understanding what causes addiction, coping with stressful situations, and the use of some methods to calm the body are what these healing programs are all about.
- The secret behind this treatment program is to relax individual state of mind to identify drug craving behaviour patterns and treat addiction dependency from its root and not from the symptoms.
- Holistic therapies
- Thorough treatment program enable patients to conduct self-examination by themselves thereby understanding how to adapt with their situation, regarding the traditional therapy measure.
- It also provides patients, who don't find it easy to speak in usual therapy sessions, with a method to tell their deepest fears and problems in a non-threatening conduction.
- Art therapy, yoga and equine therapy are some types of treatment measures that can be utilized in drug abuse cases.
In order to treat the complete issue, good addiction therapy centres offer a range of extra kinds of treatments with the latest aim being leading the patient to a lasting recuperation.
Why Do I Need Counselling For Dependency
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
However, with trust on the counsellor and the commitment to getting well are things that you need to do to enable the treatment program to work for your full recovery.